You know that video needs to be part of your marketing strategy. You understand that videos grab people’s attention on social media and are a great way to show customers your product quickly and effectively. Now what you need to do is maximize your reach. Here’s some ideas to help you do that.
- Storytelling. You should think of your video strategy not as one video but as a series of videos. Each video is a chapter in a book, a story that plays out over time.
- Consistency. Set up a schedule to post your videos every week or perhaps every Tuesday and Thursday so that the story unfolds evenly, leading up to a product launch, event, or announcement.
- Give away the store. Not literally, of course, but consider producing videos with tips, tricks, and tutorials as a way to connect with customers. At Fresh Level Productions, we call that “The Geek Squad Effect.”
- Create an explainer video. Answer questions customers ask, or may ask, about how your product works, what it does, how it solves a problem.
- Redirect. You may find it more effective to post an image from your video with a play button overlaid, as opposed to embedding the video so that it auto-plays on social media. That way, when a customer clicks on the play button, they’ll be redirected to your website, which is where you want them.
- Create shareable content. Everybody wants to go viral. But how do you do that? By creating content that people want to share. The key is to provide relevant content to which people can relate. Think about it. Why are cat videos so popular? Because everyone knows how cats behave and when they watch a video of a cat climbing on top of a microwave to open a cabinet and retrieve his bag of treats, we all think, “My cat would totally do that!” Then we want everyone else to see it, too.
- Call to action. Tell your viewers what you want them to do. If you don’t, they are likely to just move on to something else and forget about you. Including a specific call to action at the end of your video is critical.
- Post your video everywhere. It should be on your website, embedded in your blog, posted on social media, and included in newsletters. There’s a lot of competition for your customers’ attention. Increase the odds of your video being seen.
When you’re ready to get started, give us a call. A professionally produced video is more affordable than you may think.